Highlights of Yoga Day 2021: Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Monday at an event for the seventh International Yoga Day: “Today, as the whole world battles the coronavirus pandemic, yoga remains a ray of hope. He emphasized the importance of yoga during the pandemic and prayed for the health and well-being of people around the world.
Here are the highlights of his speech:
– Today on Yoga diwas I hope and pray that everyone stays healthy.
– Even though no major public events have been organized in countries around the world or in India for two years, the enthusiasm for Yoga Day has not decreased.
– For people in most countries around the world, Yoga Day is not an ancient cultural festival. But on the contrary, people’s enthusiasm for yoga has increased, the love for yoga has increased.
– No country was prepared for it (Corona). We have all seen yoga become a great medium of self-awareness during such difficult times.
– When I speak to combatants and doctors, they tell me that they have made yoga a protective shield against the virus. You have used yoga not only to protect yourself but also to protect patients.
– Today, medicine, in addition to medical treatment, also attaches importance to the healing process. Yoga helps in the healing process.
– Physical and mental health are both important … Yoga helps us with this.
– Several studies are ongoing during Covid examining the benefits of yoga on our bodies and immune systems. We see yoga and breathing exercises being done at the beginning of the online course. This helps children fight the virus.
– Yoga has found international acceptance
– When there are threats to humanity, yoga often offers us a path to holistic health. Yoga also gives us a happier way of life. I am sure yoga will continue to play its preventive and promotional role in the health care of the masses.
– The M-Yoga app is introduced to the world. I hope this app will help promote one world one health
– When India proposed International Yoga Day to the United Nations, the spirit behind it was to make this yoga science available to the whole world.
– In collaboration with WHO, India has taken another important step. Now there will be the M-Yoga app, which will provide yoga training videos in different languages for people all over the world. This will help us with our “One World, One Health” motto.
Read all the latest news, breaking news and coronavirus news here
Read More Now