As a responsible healthcare provider, STAR Hospitals are always at the forefront when it comes to creating awareness in society
Hyderabad: Covid-19 has hit all countries badly, but its impact on communities already at risk has been very severe. This year’s World Health Day is themed “Building a fairer and healthier world”.
STAR Hospitals is one of the most widespread and stimulating facilities known for providing unmatched patient-centered care and clinical excellence. As a responsible healthcare provider, STAR Hospitals are always at the forefront when it comes to creating awareness in society. At Star Hospitals, we are committed to ensuring that everyone, everywhere, can enjoy their right to good health. Here is the list of some simple, easy-to-use health tips for holistic wellbeing.
- Eating a healthy diet is essential to good health and nutrition
- For a person with a normal BMI, the daily caloric intake should not exceed 2,100
- Rice is the staple food in India and the staple food in southern India in particular. However, it is always advisable to choose brown rice / quinoa rice over white rice
- Avoid fried foods
- Use oils high in monounsaturated fats such as rice bran oil for normal Indian cooking and extra virgin olive oil for salads
- Go back to our roots and opt for our age-old traditional food like ragi / other millet
MODERATE INTENSITY PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
Aside from eating a healthy diet, it is imperative that you do moderate physical activity for 2 hours 30 minutes per week. But we should calculate it from the time we start sweating because then we will burn calories.
When it comes to physical activity, we shouldn’t set ourselves high goals, it will make us faint easily, and we will eventually give up on various reasons such as body pain. Physical activity doesn’t necessarily mean going to the gym or exercising. You can also choose any activity that you can enjoy, such as B. Dancing / outdoor games etc.
MAINTAIN GOOD HYGIENE
- Always wear a mask when you leave home
- Maintain social distance
- Avoid going to crowded places
- Wash your hands regularly (at least 60 seconds if using liquid soap and at least 30 seconds if using the recommended hand sanitizer)
- Cover your mouth / nose with your arm bent while you cough / sneeze
- Avoid touching your face / nose. While there are numerous tips that can help us lead healthy lives, these simple steps can make our lives a lot better.
The internal medicine department at STAR Hospitals offers comprehensive basic and specialized care for the treatment of a wide variety of potential diseases. They provide relentless services in the treatment of patients with diabetes as well as those with pre-diabetes, metabolic syndrome and insulin resistance. STAR Hospitals focuses on lifestyle interventions and uses the latest drugs and technology to treat or prevent diabetes to improve patient health and wellbeing.
(The author is an internal medicine consultant at Star Hospitals)
Now you can get hand-picked stories from Telangana today every day on telegram. Click the link to sign up.
Click here to follow Telangana Today and Twitter on Facebook.
Read More Now