Tiger Woods underwent additional follow-up exams on Friday for injuries sustained in a single car accident in Los Angeles on Tuesday. The procedures were performed at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where he was transferred Wednesday evening. Woods stayed at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center for three days after the crash, had a rod inserted into his tibia and screws and pins inserted into his foot and ankle during emergency surgery.

In a statement posted on Twitter on Friday, Woods’ account announced the additional operations.

Tiger has moved to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and received follow-up exams for his injuries this morning. The procedures were successful and he is now recovering and in good spirits.

Tiger and his family would like to thank you all for the wonderful support and messages you have received over the past few days. We won’t have any further updates at this point.

Thank you for your continued privacy.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department announced Tuesday that if his injuries were life-threatening, Woods would have been transported to a facility other than Harbor-UCLA, a Tier 1 trauma center. Instead, he ended up at Harbor-UCLA to undergo surgery on numerous serious injuries to his right lower leg. The incident was classified as “purely accidental” after an investigation by the LACSD.

Officials also said Tiger’s life was saved because he was buckled up and driving a 2021 Genesis SUV. The vehicle landed several hundred yards from a mean it was crossing at the bottom of a sloping gorge on the side of the road. According to LACSD, Woods was vigilant and conscious at the scene of the accident – despite a crushed front portion of his SUV – before being transported to Harbor-UCLA.

Anish Mahajan, the chief medical officer of Harbor-UCLA, provided extensive information on Tiger’s operations on Tuesday evening after he was admitted to the hospital.

Mr. Tiger Woods has been transferred to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center to continue orthopedic care and recovery. In order to protect patient confidentiality, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center will not provide any further information about patient care. On behalf of our employees, it was an honor to offer orthopedic trauma care to one of the greatest athletes of our generation.

Dr. Michael Zuri, a sports injury specialist, told CBS Sports that it was likely that Woods would need additional surgeries in the near and distant future as his right leg continues to heal from extensive injuries that require screws, bars, and a fasciotomy for relief were pressure from swelling. “

It is not yet known how long Woods will be at Cedars-Sinai, but it will likely be a while before doctors try to put the lower half of the body back together. This could include skin grafts on his badly injured right leg. In the near future, keeping the injuries and surgical wounds safe from infection will be of paramount importance, and a return to his Florida home does not seem imminent.

“Learning to walk here will be a big step forward,” said Dr. David Agus, a USC professor of medicine interviewed at CBS Sports HQ on Wednesday. “Obviously this is Tiger Woods. He will recover from it. He will do a lot more than just walk, but it will take time.”

“He’s going to have several surgeries in the next week or two,” said Dr. Zuri. “This is definitely a limb threatening nature. Do I think he will lose his leg? Probably not. … The next week is crucial. Infection is a major concern. … I would say a month is when it is me.” will somehow know what’s going on as long as he doesn’t have a bone infection or soft tissue complication. This is a difficult thing for a while. “

Woods, who is not charged by the LACSD, was in Los Angeles to host the Genesis Invitational, which is supported by his foundation. After the tournament, he participated in a number of celebrity commercial video shoots.

Tiger hasn’t played professional golf since the December PNC Challenge he played with his son Charlie. Woods was just recovering from a fifth back operation he had performed a few days before Christmas.