Update March 31, 2021, 11.46 a.m .:

Rural Development and Local Government Minister Kazim Hosein offered sincere condolences to the death of City Police Officer Anisha Sookdeo in a car accident yesterday.

In a statement last night, Hosein said 24-year-old Sookdeo and two other officers were driving east on the Priority Bus Route (PBR) when the incident involving a white Nissan Navara and a red maxi taxi took place were.

According to a statement, Sookdeo died a few hours after the accident while two other officers are still in the hospital.

“On behalf of the Department of Rural Development staff and the local government and myself, I would like to offer my condolences to WPC family and friends Anisha Sookdeo.”

Earlier today, three city police officers were involved in a vehicle accident heading east on the priority bus route. WPC Sookdeo is said to have passed away a few hours ago, while CPL Keith Alexander and WPC Diana Seetaram are being looked after by doctors on the mountain. Hope Hospital. ‘

‘WPC Sookdeo was attached to the Arima Municipal Police Station. She will be remembered for her hard work, dedication, and easygoing mannerism. We applaud their unreserved efforts, and indeed we are saddened by their untimely death. ‘

“May Almighty God grant strength and consolation to those who love them in this difficult time.”

Hosein said the Trinidad and Tobago Municipal Police Service (TTMPS) also send best wishes and prayers to the families of the two officers currently in the hospital and wish them a speedy recovery.

“We pray for the grace and mercy of Almighty God for each one of them, and may they recover quickly.”

Police reports said Sookdeo and two other officers were in a Toyota Hilux when D’Abadie, Arima, the vehicle with the lights and sirens on, drove through traffic as it reached the intersection of Boys Lane and Priority Bus Route traffic lights, which were red for traffic and headed east.

The vehicle came into contact with a white Nissan Navarra, which was traveling south and had the green light.

The impact of the two transporters then led to an impact with a red-banded Maxi.

The injured, including Sookdeo, were taken to Arima Hospital for treatment. However, Sookdeo was pronounced dead at 4:30 p.m. that day.

Sgt Nicome visited the scene with investigators at the scene.

The inquiries continue.